Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Home For Christmas

I know, I know...it's not even Halloween yet and I am here today talking about Christmas.  :)  Well I know that I am not the first, Christmas cards have been popping up everywhere.  I can't wait.  I try hard to wait until after Halloween to listen to Christmas music, but I must admit, I've already snuck a few songs in.  ;)  I realized that I never scrapped last year's Christmas photos.  And the fabulous Home For Christmas collection from Fancy Pants was sitting right there on my desk, so I pulled them out.

So here's a new layout:


I must admit...this was one of those layouts that did not come together super quickly.  I was never happy with what I made so I would take parts off and keep trying again.  Over and over again.  We all have those layouts.

Anyways, here are some close up's of my layout:


And then I also made a card using the same collection.  I used my sketch here, 225c.  THERE'S STILL TIME TO PLAY ALONG WITH MY SKETCH CHALLENGE!!!  Entries must be received by midnight tomorrow night to be eligible for the prize.

Here's my card:



Well thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a fabulous day!!


13 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wonderful projects!!

D's Paper Studio said...

too cool .. i love the deer stamp...you always have awesome projects

Heidi said...

I'm with you on Christmas. I'm getting excited to take down the Halloween decor and start decorating for Christmas. LOVE the layout and the soft colors. Great card too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love the photos and the trees!! And your card is just gorgeous... loving the deer!!!!

Tiffany said...

I am loving your mix of paper for the page and your card looks elegant.

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous page!
Love the split design :)

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful style~love it!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are wonderful! I love the design on the layout and the big tree as a backdrop for the photo with the smaller pieced tree!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I've snuck a few songs in myself, but then again I tend to listen to it all year. My rule is that I don't make my husband have to listen until after Thanksgiving. LOL! Great layout and card. Love the tree detailing in the background/foreground. :)

Penny said...

Beautiful work again, and I have to admit I love Christmas music as well! Love Penny

Anonymous said...

That composition on the layout is just perfection! Pinned it :)

Ruth G said...

Great LO! Hard fought maybe, but wonderful in the end for sure! The details I love are the negative "Merry" banner and the Christmas tree paper piecing!
Love the reindeer on your card! Really lovely! TFS!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Incredibly talented indeed! Your projects are absolutely stunning! LOVE!!!!!